Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Useful (?) tips to exasperated readers

I thought of upgrading a possible comment of mine to the previous post, as I think I would have a couple of points of a more general interest to make.

1.
Having read the post, St suggested we read Foucault; he offers a number of valuable insights on matters of the politics of the body.

2.
One could also visit the local Institute of Gender Studies (website). They have recently released a media and gender handbook, which contains even more case studies (serious ones, too), some of which quite revealing.

3.
I feel that some readers should (res)train themselves to only attack opinions and ideas instead of people, especially using expletives. I mean, "fucking"? tsk, tsk, tsk; "hellhole"? shocking: even I would not say this, and I live here. A propos, look at this quote, again from the comments:
No loxias I'm sorry.You ARE wrong.You came here a few years ago and for some reason you think that you know the place and it's people better than people who lived there all their lives.
A rather predictable invocation to 'authority', isn't it?

4.
Still, despite all the openness and camaraderie (I still hope) of the blog medium, I am not obliged to tolerate people claiming I tell "outright lies" or branding me deluded and insane. Without an apology, no more comments will be welcome by such people. I'm sorry, it is a matter of dignity.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

29/11/05 13:05  
Blogger Michael M. said...

I'm sorry, it is a matter of dignity

Amen. I don't know if blogger has a banhammer option, but it's a wonderful tool.

29/11/05 16:16  
Blogger Steph said...

In order to reinstate the sense of dignity of the owner of this blog, and to avoid further shocking its readers, I have removed my comments from this and the previous post. The intended recipient has received them anyway, so what i had to say has been said.

I will however retain the unwelcome status, I think it suits me far better.

29/11/05 23:11  
Blogger Steph said...

PS. You still don't get it...

29/11/05 23:18  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home